Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
Zillow is seeking an energetic, hands-on leader with outstanding communication and problem-solving skills to lead Accounts Payable operations for our growing Zillow Offers business. Reporting to the Senior Director, Procurement & Travel, you will be responsible for providing day to day leadership for Accounts Payable and Funding Operation team members as well as guiding ongoing strategy, organization, policies, and processes for accounts payable functions.
This role requires significant engagement with partners to provide policy, systems and process guidance and to help identify and drive time-sensitive payables program initiatives; therefore, the ideal leader will effectively navigate complex challenges and opportunities while building great relationships across Zillow. If you are highly motivated, detail oriented, and desire to make big contributions in a fun, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, we encourage you to apply.
Lead a high-performing, fast growing, high volume payables function:
- You will lead a dynamic payables team based in Scottsdale, AZ; provide direction, coordination, coaching and mentoring to managers and to individual contributors (located in Scottsdale and at other Zillow offices) engaged on day-to-day Funding Operations and Accounts Payable activities
- Be a driver, collaborator, influencer both within Finance and across the enterprise
- You will function as Zillow Group’s real estate payables operations authority, providing procedural guidance and direction to a broad group of partners and distilling simple solutions from complex problems
Drive Operational Excellence and Compliance:
- You will develop and delivers reporting and meaningful business insights on disbursements/payables metrics
- Monitor and respond to supplier issues; review and approve proposed transactions
- You will work with Financial Applications, Accounting, Procurement, Operations, and other partners to continuously improve payables software solutions and processes, with a focus on efficiency, automation, user experience and appropriate controls.
- Ensure a seamless linkage across payables systems, processes and procedures across Zillow Group
- Monitor financial commitments, cash management, and actuals associated with purchases and payments, and coordinates with Accounting team members on related issues
- Responsible for maintenance and enforcement of Zillow Group’s payables policies
- Assume ownership over the operation and certification of the controls around the expenditure cycle for real estate purchases, renovation costs, holding costs and other payables cycles relating to Zillow Group business areas
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting, business, supply chain, or related discipline. MBA or related advanced degree preferred
- Ten + years of proven experience in increasingly broader accounts payable, business or functional roles with a proven track record of achievement and payables transformation
- Demonstrated experience in high volume residential real estate or escrow funding operations for a complex national/multinational company. You should have strong functional knowledge of industry disbursements standard methodologies and innovation areas
- Credible, hands-on, reliable leader with a focus on development and mentoring of team members.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, along with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Significant "functional ownership" experience with payables software solutions and payables automation solutions. Experience with either Workday, Resware solutions highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of AP and “procure-to-pay” processes, practices, and control frameworks. Strong understand of days payable optimization
- Professional designation such as Accredited Payables Manager (APM) desirable
- Experience at identifying and capturing cost savings and operational improvement opportunities
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and multi-task effectively
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency, attention to detail and financial/analytics acumen
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
Get to know usZillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.